Address: Ministry of Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment, Building No # 07, Bangladesh Secretariat, Dhaka - 1000.
Post Code: 1000
Functions / Service Charter of the Ministry of Expatriates’ Welfare and Overseas Employments are as under. The Functions / Service Charter is adopted as per Rules of Business.
- To ensure welfare of Bangladeshi expatriates and to protect their rights.
- To receive the complaints of expatriates and their redress.
- Facilitation of investment by expatriates in Bangladesh.
- Implementation of projects with the participation of expatriates in economic and social welfare activities in Bangladesh
- Registration of recruiting agencies.
- To increase the scope of Overseas Employment at all levels.
- Monitoring and supervising all matters relating to Bangladesh Overseas Employment Services Limited (BOESL).
- Looking after the management and administration of the organizations and Companies in the public sector dealing with overseas employment including BMET.
- Controlling and coordinating the administration of labour Wing in
Bangladesh Missions abroad and appointment of officers and staff thereof.
- Conducting the administration of Wage Earners' Welfare Fund.
- Promotion of Bangladeshi culture among expatriates abroad.
- Making liaison with Associations of Bangladeshis abroad.
- Doing all secretarial administration including financial, matters related with the Ministry.
- Administration and control of subordinate offices and organizations under the Ministry.
- Making liaison with International Organizations and matters relating to
treaties with other countries and world bodies relating to subjects allotted to this Ministry.
- Enactment of all laws on subjects allotted to this Ministry.
- To hold inquires and to preserve statistics on any of the subjects allotted to this Ministry.
- Power to impose fees in respect of subjects allotted to this Ministry except fees taken in courts.